If your website is not found appeared first on search engine, it is necessary for you to take attention. Because, your website won’t get enough traffic and you can’t make the cash you expected. You need to improve your site; your website or content should be better than those competitors in the search engine result pages (SERPs). Visit this page every week and read the latest SEO news compiled from different sources around the world. Get the latest SEO updates from many SEO experts and seasoned gurus to apply on your website.
As you might know, Algorithm changes happen almost every day in Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. If you want to improve your search engine ranking or to keep your current search positions, you need to read these SEO news and updates regularly.
We will continue collecting latest news and ideas of search engine optimization tips, link building strategies, social media marketing techniques, content marketing, keyword research, creating quality content and lots more to bring you to a successful world of digital marketing.
We select the biggest and most important SEO and internet marketing news happening in the world wide web and publish weekly here in this page. Read this week’s important news that impacts to us and leave a comment, if any, in the Comment Box below.
Bookmark this page on your browser and visit again next time to see more interesting SEO news. We’ll update this page with more news every 7 to 10 days. Come again here and catch weekly hot news to highlight your critical site issues and find the up-to-date solutions we reveal.
For quick grasp of SEO techniques, we recommend you to read this page – Top 10 SEO Books.
Also check these hot new tools and guides.
SEO News This Week!
4 link building tools worth to use
You can try the four link building tools. They are worth to use for your link building campaigns. Two of the four are free tools:
This tool can monitor 20 domains and 100 keywords. It can track your rankings and monitor your backlinks in addition to other features included. If you are looking for a new link building tool, Nightwatch is great to try. It is a paid tool.
This is also a paid tool that checks for mail exchange records and redirects. The tool monitors anything that negatively impacts your rankings. It has lots of features you may be interested.
This free tool can find broken links and duplicate content. Skipped pages in the report should be considered to check carefully if they might have blocked Google and Bing bots. If you are looking for a target site for link building, you should not put your links in such skipped pages.
This is also a free tool that checks the date of a URL first indexed. It is great for getting idea if it will be good or bad to decide for link building. This tool can also check for broken links.
Source: Search Engine Land
How to Optimize WordPress Site Speed
Site speed is important as it is a Google ranking factor, you might know. You should test your site speed and optimize it to be the fastest as possible as you can. You can use Pingdom to test your WordPress site speed. You can also use Google Lighthouse for it. After doing the test, look for where to optimize to improve your site speed. Images are usually things you should check first. Squeeze them to be very small in size. Their sizes must be in KBs, not MBs. WordPress comes with a handy default feature, where every image you upload is stored in several dimensions. You can also check a number of image optimization plugins (paid and free) like Kraken.io, Smush or Imagify. Another issue that comes across a lot in page speed tests is browser cache optimization. For it, you can install cache plugins like WP Super Cache or WP Fastest Cache. You can also use a paid plugin WP Rocket. If you use Yoast SEO plugin, you can configured to your needs. Other way to improve your site speed is using a Content Delivery Network (CDN). A CDN service can make your WordPress site super fast.
Do your Google keyword rankings suck? Follow these steps
It is about how to increase your keyword rankings in Google. Follow the steps. You will see the improvements:
1. Your Target Keyword(s)
If your site is a new one, you should not target competitive keywords. You must choose the right keywords your site can rank with your existing resources. You can check the monthly search volume using Google Keyword Planner or any of the best keyword research tools. Then, analyse your competition.
2. Audit Your Site
Poor technical and UX performance can damage your site’s performance. Do a SEO audit to check if there is any ranking error and clean all technical and UX issues.
3. Analyze Your Target Page
It is time to analyze your target page. Put your effort as much as to become a superior one than your competitors. Check if the page brings anything new and it is more valuable than those competitors.
4. Leverage Existing Authority
After publishing the page to your website, look for authoritative pages with most backlinks in your site and put internal links to the page from those pages. You can use tools like Ahrefs for this.
5. Build backlinks
To increase visibility of the page in Google, you need to build backlinks. You can do guest posting, Link lists/resource pages, Expert roundups, HARO submissions, blogroll placements etc. Make sure you use different anchor texts.
12 Google search operators to outplay your competition
You should enter the following operators in Google to find the results you are looking for:
1. See where competitors are featured
“competitor name” – competitor domain – (other domains you don’t want to include in the results)
Example: “julia mccoy” – expresswriters.com
This will display the sites the competitors have been featured other than the sites excluded with “-“.
2. Look for better writers to outsmart competitors
Example: site:health.havard.edu red wine
This will display the writers on red wine from the site.
3. Find your content gaps compared to competitors
site:competitor domain intitle: your topic
Example: site: buzzmo.com – intitle: content marketing
This will display content topics other than content marketing from Buzzmo.
4. Find competitor’s best content
site:competitor domain intitle: “keyword”
Example: site:contentmarketinginstitute.com intitle:”infographics”
This will display content relevant to the keyword from Content Marketing Institute.
5. Find specific file types your competitors publish
site:competitor domain filetype: pdf
Example: kissmetircs.com filetyple: pdf
This will display all content published in pdf from KissMetrics.
6. Find competitors who have written simultaneously on two topics
keyword + keyword
Example: seo + content marketing
This will display competitors writing on both SEO and content marketing.
7. Check listicle posts of competitors
top 1..100 keyword
Example: top 1..100 dinner recipes
This will display listicle posts of competitors on dinner recipes.
8. Use wildcard to find missing words
some words *
Example: furniture arrangement ideas *
This will display other words along with furniture arrangement ideas.
9. Find other sites related to your competitor
related: competitor domain
Example: related: semrush.com
This will display other sites related to your competitor Semrush.
10. What a competitor said about you
site: competitor domain intext: your brand
Example: site:ahrefts.com intext: spyfu
This will display any mention of Spyfu in Ahrefs.
11. Find long tail keywords
keyword AROUND(X) keyword
Example: design AROUND(3) photoshop
This will display long tail keywords having 3 or less terms between design and Photoshop.
12. Find removed pages of competitors
cache: removed url
This will display the removed page of your competitor which may be important to you.
Source: Marketo blog
How to write great content for a website
Having great content is a must for online success. Thin or recycled posts may take you nowhere. Here are some tips to write great content for your site:
1. Understand Your Target Audience: Know the value they are looking for in the form of a product, service or knowledge. Try to target your audience, their goals, and solve their pain. A great way to do this is to browse Q&A websites like Quora and Yahoo Answers. Also use Google Trends to extract content ideas that will definitely grab their attention.
2. Perform Keyword Research: It is necessary if you want to learn how to write website content for SEO. It allows you to look for content opportunities that are in demand but aren’t too competitive as well as to get keyword ideas that are more specific and target a narrower audience. Here is Long Tail Pro for you.
Once you find the target keywords, use in Title Tag, Headers (H2, H3, etc.), Main Content, Meta Description, Image File Names and Alt Tags and URL Slug.
3. Use an Authentic Writing Voice: Inserting keywords is the trickiest part. Remember, you’re trying to communicate with real people here. Keep things simple, use fewer words and write with your own voice to make sure everything flows smoothly.
4. Hire an Editor: You can probably write grammatically sound sentences in English. But, readers from English-speaking countries will definitely notice that you’re not a native speaker. If so, you can hire an editor from Upwork and Freelancer.
5. Use Tools: For proof reading purposes, you can use Grammarly, SCRIBENS, GrammarCheck.net, Ginger Software, etc.
6. Don’t Fluff: Avoid fluff writing for good. A little bit of storytelling is good to maximize the engagement of your audience. Don’t do it if it adds no value to your content.
[Check Best Content Writing Books]
Source: Long Tail Pro
10 ignored SEO tasks to Boost Rankings
Here are 10 overlooked SEO tricks that help boost Google rankings in 2018:
1. Rich cards: They are a form of structured data providing visually appealing information to users. Rich cards can increase CTR. Read more about creating structured data.
2. Negative backlinks: Spammy websites linking to your site impact your ranking. You can view those backlinks in Google Search Console. If you find such low quality backlinks, disavow them.
3. Skyscraper content: Find high performing content in your niche. Then create content something better. You can find your competitors’ most popular content using SEMrush or Buzzumo. After finding those content of your competitors, create a better content for your site. Add more details to it, promote it and share it using your off-site SEO skills.
4. Landing pages: Optimize your landing pages for the right persons you are looking for. Before creating your pages, ask yourself – who is this page for, where are they coming from, what do they need at this page, what is my goal, and how can I be more relevant.
5. Infographics: People love infographics, so create epic infographics. Brainstorm your ideas to create a greater infographic. You can create it yourself or hire a freelancer. Promote the infographics to get noticed.
6. Videos: Cisco predicts online videos will make up 80% of all online traffic by 2021. So, you should include videos in your content marketing strategies. You don’t need to be an expert. A simple camera and an editing software can do the job on your own.
7. Your own keywords: Marketers are searching for good keywords to target. But sometimes you can create your own keywords and become a top authority of the niche. Optimize your web presence for the keywords.
8. Internal linking: Check which pages in your website are performing well in search engine results. To improve the performance of your other weak pages, you can link the quality pages from your high performing pages.
9. Entity silence: According to Moz, an entity is anything in the document that is district and well-defined to your topic. And entity silence is the terms or phrases similar to co-occurrence but instead of repeating keywords or even variations of those keywords. Google’s related search terms below the results are the great examples of it. They are the identifying phrases of your topic, so you can include them in your page.
10. Voice searches: It’s high time to optimize for voice searches as many and many people are doing so increasingly. Make your content easier to read, use Alt tags and descriptions for images, use structured data, and use long tail keywords in conversational tone.
Meta descriptions going to be shorter again
Google showed snippets with long meta descriptions (around 320 characters). Now, it is back to between 150-170 characters. Google’s Danny Sullivan confirmed the change. It is advisable that you need to shorten the meta descriptions of your important pages. Google will not show the long description anymore. Rewrite your descriptions to fit Google’s new rules.
Google asks dissatisfied searchers to submit questions
Google is testing a new feature in the search results to submit a detailed question to searchers if they don’t satisfy the results. In a box, it says “Get the answer you are looking for added to the web”. `Then, Google may pass the question to content creators who can answer it. Google is looking for more content to return the searchers’ questions. Is it an opportunity to rank in Google if you create content to answer the searcher’s question? May be or not! Because Google uses its normal ranking algorithm.
Source: Search Engine Land
7 link building techniques that still work in 2018
Links and rankings are inseparable. Almost all SEOs consider backlinks are a significant ranking factor. The following techniques of link building still work for 2018:
1. Link Bait: A link bait is the content that attracts your target audience to share it online seriously. Look at your content if it deserves a link or not. Some content ideas that people tend to link are Unique Insights like interviews, helpful articles and surveys, videos embedded in the content, hot current topics, free tools etc.
2. Guest Blogging: In guest blogging, you post articles or content in other people’s websites. By doing so, you get new backlinks and audience for your site. Create a high quality content, then find guest blogging opportunities. For this purpose, you can use Link Assistant or other good tools.
3. Ego Bait: Ego bait focusses on creating content that aims to appeal to your target’s ego and getting a link back. This technique is a WIN-WIN strategy for both sides. Some good techniques are: A Mention by quoting influencers, linking them or placing their photo in your post. After doing it, you should inform them; Interviews with authorities by finding their contact info, preparing interview questions, getting permission, sending questions to them and finally publishing it in your site; and a round up list you can create with an influencer.
4. Blog Commenting: It is a great technique when done right. Where to place your comments? Use great tools like Link Assistant. Your work will done easily.
5. Guestographics: In this technique, you create a great infographics and publish on your site. Find opportunities and offer it to them for a backlink.
6. Forum Backlinks: Join a forum in your niche and answer a relevant question as a valued participant. In your answer, include a link to your page where necessary.
7. Business Directory Submission: Find niche specific and high quality directories. Remember that low quality directories may harm your site. So, Submit your site only to niche specific and high quality directories.
Recommended reads: Best Link Building Books
Source: Link Assistant
8 SEO Practices for Competition Analysis
Why do your competitors rank higher in Google results? You need a thorough analysis to find out your weakness as below:
1. Know your top competitors: Search your top niche keywords in Google and write down some 10-15 domains. You can also check the niche lists on Top Alexa Sites by categories.
2. Evaluate ranking difficulty: Check the following information for your own site and the competitive sites – Domain age, Alexa rank and traffic volume, IP address and country, the number of indexed pages in major search engines and the number of backlinks. You can use SEO Powersuite’s Rank Tracker or any other tools to check the week points of the domains.
3. Get the precise keyword ideas: Get some LSI phrases for your seed keyword. You can use a good tool to get a list of semantically tied phrases for building a strong content strategy.
4. Analyse the SERP result types: Analyse the SERP results with a target keyword. Check if the results are filled with static posts, or ads, or videos, or news, or images. You can also check the meta data, structured data, links etc of a competitor’s page.
5. Check the competitors’ site structure: Try to check how competitors organized the pages of their websites. Find out important landing pages, click-depth, orphan pages and internal PageRank distribution.
6. Check On-page optimization and create content: When creating your content, consider these things – target keywords, target search engines, semantically related phrases to use, quality long content, duplicate content to avoid, regular content update, some outbound links to authority sites and internal linking etc.
7. Check backlinks: Check how your competitors created the backlinks. Compare the backlink profiles of your site and competitors. You’ll have a clear understanding for your link strategy. Find the link opportunities from many of your competitors and your own strategy.
8. Anything else to know: Check how your competitors are doing on social media platforms and anything else. Try to outperform them. At last, you need to improve your competition analysis model from time to time.
Don’t Put Non-Head Tags in <Head> Tag
Inserting other HTML tags in the <Head></Head> section of a webpage is a SEO issue as per Google’s John Mueller. You can put many tags such as Description tag, robots, Google’s Specific tags and Title tag in the head tag. If non-head HTML tags that might cause issues are necessary to insert, put it at the very end of <Head> right before </Head> to reduce the Google bot reading issues. You can use the Rich Results testing tool to check any rendering issue.
Source: SEM Post
5 Inforgraphic Techniques to Earn Natural Backlinks
Many marketers use infographics to build natural backlinks for their sites. They know infographics can bring more traffic, more following on social media and making rich of content of their websites. Read the 5 infographic techniques:
1. Create informative infographics with eye catching design. For such an infographic, you’ll get backlinks from authoritative websites. So, your website jumps up ranking in Google SERPs and traffic.
2. When creating an infographic, keep in mind to target your relevant audience including your prospects and other bloggers.
3. Promote your infographics through all channels. Give your audience a chance to share displaying all social media sharing buttons. You can also encourage them to share the same.
4. Submit your infographics to directories. By doing so, you’ll get lots of fresh backlinks. Submit your infographics to highly authoritative directories such as Visual.ly.
5. Add value with guestographics. This techniques is used to get backlinks from other websites by publishing it with a link back. First, publish your infographic in your website. Write a personalized introduction about it to people who are writing in your niche. Offer them to add your infographic in their websites with a link back.
How to Write an Awesome Meta Description Using Yoast SEO?
People click on Google results that interest to them. So, you need to write attractive meta description for your pages. A meta description is a description manually added by you in your posts or pages to tell visitors about your posts or pages. It is a summary of your page containing up to 320 characters. Search engines usually use your meta description if it contains the search phrase. Use Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress. Edit the meta description under the post/page until it shows green. Don’t miss this feature when you publish your content in your blog or website and make it awesome to beg more clicks from search engines.
Are You Still Using Google Keyword Planner?
Since long, many have been using Google Keyword Planner as one of the best free keyword research tools. If you are one of them, you are probably out of date. Consider these things; Google have been changed many things in their Keyword Planner. According to them, you need to login for using the tool. Then, you need to create an AdWords account even though you don’t need to spend. Then, Google shows search ranges rather than specific numbers unless you are an active advertiser. So, if you are the serious one who needs to do keyword research very often, you have to forget the free tools like Google Keyword Planner. Try some advanced paid tools. When you get satisfied with one of them, you no longer want to use those free ones again. You can try these tools like Keyword Finder, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Long Tail Pro etc.
Source: SEO Copy Writing
How to Use SEO Strategies for Voice Searches
Voice search is one of the fastest growing digital technologies in the coming years. So, you need to prepare SEO strategies for voice searches. Besides anything else, consider these Google ranking factors like site authority, number and quality of backlinks, social media engagement, secure site, site speed, Google My Business/online directories. And follow these SEO tips to rank in voice searches:
1. Use long tail keywords as people are using voice searches.
2. Include the words in the keywords like “how”, “why”, and “where”.
3. Use trigger words.
4. Write pages with individual specific topics.
5. Think of questions people ask about your products or services and write content to answer them.
6. Write pages with 1,500-2,000+ words.
Use these free tools to find questions asked by people: Answer the Public, Question Samurai, Storybase, Google Trends, Google Suggest, io, org, com/bog-topic-generator.
– Source: Geo Marketing
For SEO news published in the page in the past weeks, download and read this eBook!
Recommended Reads: Best Internet Marketing Books
Do you have something to say after reading this page? We welcome your valuable comments below.